Today, I discuss revising #TheLeftoverBride. After feedback from my critique partners, I cut the first five chapters from about 16000 words to a bit over 8000. And it is a roller coaster of emotions full of doubts but also moments of success…Plus do writers get decision fatigue?
For the first time ever, I recorded myself for this podcast episode and uploaded the video on YouTube.
And I may have written some of my favorite sentences during this round of revision.
My stomach flutters in a way I thought long forgotten, buried deep under years of missed chances and pillows soaked with tears.
Nothing to do with the redhead staring up at me like I stomped all over her heart. My jaw clenches with years of regret, remorse and fucked-up chances.
You can pre-order #TheLeftoverBride already for only $0.99: https://books2read.com/TheLeftoverBride
And you can sign up for my readers’ newsletter: https://mailchi.mp/elodienowodazkij/website
As always, thank you for subscribing, rating and reviewing!
Follow me on instagram: @aselfpublishedauthorsdiary 🙂 or on YouTube…
Ep. 24 – Come revise with me and have you ever wondered what writers google? – A self-published author's diary
- Ep. 24 – Come revise with me and have you ever wondered what writers google?
- Ep. 23 – Revising is a roller coaster of emotions. And do writers get decision fatigue?
- Ep. 22 – Going wide with my audiobooks (from ACX to Findaway Voices), some market data and the roller coaster of emotions that is sending your book to your critique partners.
- Preparing for a bestseller or how I'm adapting my self-publishing mindset, exploring my strengths for #TheLeftoverBride and no spoilers…
- Ep. 20 – Did I always know I would write for readers? And my super scientific writing process of "ohh" and "yay" and confidence…