Today, I’m talking about: being vulnerable and honest about some of my experience with cancer in an article I’ve written for the Ulman Foundation, reflecting on finding my words again and using writing as a form of catharsis (not only in this article but in my novels as well). I’m also sharing an update on my #TheLeftoverBride revision which includes letting the ending of #TheLeftoverBride simmer a little and more google searches. 🙂
I am also reading two excerpts from my revision in the past week:
CHAPTER 2 – RYAN
I still can’t believe I’m back on the East Coast. In Swan Cove. The town that’s filled with some of my best memories… and some of my worst. My plan was to go straight to my parents’ but I had to stop at the bakery. After all, Mom loves their lemon pie. And what type of son who hasn’t come home in over ten years wouldn’t get his mom her favorite dessert if he could? Nothing to do with the breathtaking redhead staring up at me like I stomped all over her heart. My jaw clenches with years of regrets, remorse and fucked-up chances.Excerpt from #TheLeftoverBride
He must have taken lessons on how to master his puppy eyes from Fluffy Napoleon because even with the gust of arctic air sending shivers up and down my spine, I melt at the way he looks at me.Excerpt from #TheLeftoverBride
And you can sign up for my readers’ newsletter: https://mailchi.mp/elodienowodazkij/website
As always, thank you for subscribing, rating and reviewing!
Listen to the first forty minutes of the A SUMMER LIKE NO OTHER audiobook…And subscribe to my channel. 🙂
Ep. 33 – Why the Chemical Engineer was right and the hardest part about writing & self-publishing #TheLefoverBride – A self-published author's diary
- Ep. 33 – Why the Chemical Engineer was right and the hardest part about writing & self-publishing #TheLefoverBride
- #TheLeftoverBride is out in the world! A recap a few days after publication…
- Ep. 31 – The jitters before publication and thinking about the next stories…
- Because Sometimes You Just Need to Ask About a Dog…(Bonus episode)
- Ep. 30 – Writing on the couch… Revising and editing in the chair. And finishing my book!