Before diving right into my yearly review as an indie author: if you’re struggling or know someone who is struggling (or maybe even just mention it or post it or share this resource with people in your life): https://www.crisistextline.org/ Text HOME to 741741 to reach a volunteer Crisis Counselor.
Today, on the podcast, I talk about the highs and lows of my self-publishing career in 2021.
Some of my lows included:
- Dealing with my own career expectations and the reality,
- What it means to not be using a pen name,
- Feeling like I’m letting down some of my collaborators in royalty-share agreements…
Some of my highs included:
- Having the French version of #TheLeftoverBride reach the #9 on Apple Books Chart
- Having the French version of #TheLeftoverBride sit next to The Hating Game by Sally Thorne on the charts…
- Reading wonderful emails from readers around the globe
Do you have any questions about self-publishing/writing?
- Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/elodie-nowodazkij/message
- Send me an email: authorelodienowodazkij AT gmail.com
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/aselfpublishedauthorsdiary/
- my author’s YouTube channel / the podcast’s YouTube channel.
How to support this podcast?
- If you like romance, purchase one of my books or audiobooks…
- Rate, review and subscribe and share A Self-Published Author’s Diary with your friends.
- Support this podcast (for as low as $0.99 a month!) https://anchor.fm/elodie-nowodazkij/support
- Buy me a coffee on Ko-Fi
Thank you so much for listening!
Ep – 45: An indie author yearly review: The highs and lows of my self-publishing career in 2021. – A self-published author's diary
- Ep – 45: An indie author yearly review: The highs and lows of my self-publishing career in 2021.
- Ep. 44 – Five things I've learned about self-publishing in 2021 and one thing I learned about writing.
- Ep. 43 – Five things I've learned about podcasting as an author in 2021 and five things I want to do next year (podcast-related)
- Ep. 42 – The feeling when you upload your files for publication, brainstorming story ideas and learning, learning, learning…
- Ep. 41 – Gearing up for the publication of #TheLeftoverBride French edition and writing craft building blocks…