On the podcast today, I dicuss going wide with my audiobooks: changing their ACX exclusive status to non-exclusive and bringing them to more e-retailers and libraries via Findaway Voices.
On ACX you can now do so after 90 days. And Findaway Voices has a template which you can just copy and paste. In addition, I talk about some market data I found in the US and in France about the audiobook market. I also refer and quote from an interview on audiobooks with Nana Malone. She also talks about her writing process and being herself a book cover model (including her own at some point) because there was no/not enough pictures of dark-skinned Black women to represent her characters on covers. And then I go a bit deeper into bringing my French audiobooks to the French-speaking audiobook market.
When it comes to struggles and smiles in my writing and self-publishing week: it includes the roller coaster of emotions that is sending the first 1/3 of #TheLeftoverBride to my critique partners. I’ve been hard at work and am currently polishing the rest of the novel but it is a lot of feelings. 🙂 And more!
Here are the links I mention during this episode:
- Interview with Nana Malone on Kobo Blog: Nana Malone on solving problems and playing to her strengths (https://www.kobo.com/blog/nana-malone-on-solving-problems-and-playing-to-her-strengths)
- Findaway Voices: How to convert your book from exclusive to non-exclusive with ACX (https://support.findawayvoices.com/portal/en/kb/articles/how-to-convert-your-book-from-exclusive-to-nonexclusive-with-acx)
- ACX – An Update from ACX (https://blog.acx.com/2021/01/20/an-update-from-acx/)
- Audio Publishers Association Press Release: Audiobooks continue their market rise with 16% growth in sales. (https://www.audiopub.org/uploads/pdf/2020-Consumer-Survey-and-2019-Sales-Survey-Press-Release-FINAL.pdf)
- Syndicat National de l’Édition: Le livre audio, une nouvelle dimension au plaisir de lire https://www.sne.fr/actu/le-livre-audio-une-nouvelle-dimension-au-plaisir-de-lire/
- Subscribe to my readers’ newsletter: https://mailchi.mp/elodienowodazkij/website
- Pre-order #TheLeftoverBride for only $0.99: https://books2read.com/TheLeftoverBride
You can pre-order #TheLeftoverBride already for only $0.99: https://books2read.com/TheLeftoverBride
You can read the first few chapters by clicking here.
And you can sign up for my readers’ newsletter: https://mailchi.mp/elodienowodazkij/website
As always, thank you for subscribing, rating and reviewing!
Ep. 37 – Not writing for a few days and a SEE ME, SEE ME NOT audiobook preview… – A self-published author's diary
- Ep. 37 – Not writing for a few days and a SEE ME, SEE ME NOT audiobook preview…
- Ep. 36 – Learning from other indie authors because success isn't a pie, right?
- What has worked with my latest book release as an indie author and what I've learned… And I turned two!
- Ep. 34- The art of translation or why I don't translate my own books… Setting up my writing goals and daily calendar.
- Ep. 33 – Why the Chemical Engineer was right and the hardest part about writing & self-publishing #TheLefoverBride