Today, on the latest episode of “A Self-Published Author’s Diary” podcast, I am answering two questions I’ve received from a reader named Amanda (Thanks, Amanda :-)):
- Did I always know I would write for readers?
- And where does that confidence come from?
I go back into my junior high writing of poems and my high school writing of romance and my later years of fanfiction writing to answer the first question. And when it comes to the second question and the confidence aspect, I try to analyze a bit where that confidence comes from. 🙂 And how fleeting it is throughout the process.
I talk about my very scientific writing process of “ooohhh” and “yay” and about my love for romance books. Readers pick up those books knowing what the ending will be and yet we still get so enthralled by them. I think that’s really a testimony to the magic and the art of writing romance.
I also mention the podcast “My Imaginary Friends with L. Penelope”‘s latest episode which I recommend for all writers struggling with their manuscript: https://lpenelope.com/podcast/
And I give an update on my upcoming plan for #TheLeftoverBride cover reval…Don’t forget #TheLeftoverBride is available for pre-order for only $0.99. Choose your favorite e-retailer here: https://books2read.com/TheLeftoverBride
As always, thank you for subscribing, rating and reviewing!
Follow me on instagram: @aselfpublishedauthorsdiary 🙂 or on YouTube…
Trying out a new book review strategy and SO MANY emotions about the release of #SweetsForLove – A self-published author's diary
- Trying out a new book review strategy and SO MANY emotions about the release of #SweetsForLove
- Announcements: Summer Break and Self-Publishing/Writing Ask Me Anything
- Self-publishing reflection: planning and goals (Vella, novellas, marketing and more…)
- REPLAY – How my self-published book A SUMMER LIKE NO OTHER became a success…
- Ep. 62 – The ups and downs of self-publishing (including the words every romance author wants to hear…)