Ready. Set. WRITE! is a summer writing intensive that encourages goal-setting and accountability, and provides an opportunity for us to cheer each other on wherever we’re at with our writing projects—planning, drafting, revising, or polishing. This year, your RSW hosts are Alison Miller, Jaime Morrow, Erin Funk, Katy Upperman and myself. (For the detailed information about RSW, including the wonderful buttons created by the lovely Jaime, click here)
Disclaimer: I’m in Europe this week, so I might be slow making my way through the blogs. Sorry about that, but I’ll try to do a bit of cheering each day!
IMPORTANT REMINDER –> The last week of Ready. Set. Write! (8-24 – 8-31) we’ll be holding a fun virtual event called Manuscripts and Manicures. We’ll each be painting our nails in a way that reflects our current WiP, then posting a photo of our manicure creations.
And don’t forget, if you’re on Twitter, we check and cheer each other on using #RSWrite
1. How I did on last week’s goals.
- Finish drafting this manuscript. –> ALMOST. I wrote about 5000 words last week which isn’t too bad, since we left for Europe on Tuesday.
- Finalize its blurb for the cover reveal. –> NOPE.
Send the feedback on a wonderful manuscript I’m beta reading. So. Good. So so so good!–> YES (and this book is simply AMAZING) I finished reading it on the plane from DC to Frankfurt and I couldn’t put it down. Loved. It.
2. My goal(s) for this week.
- Finish drafting. I’m going to write at least 1000 words each day.
3. A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised.
And he kisses me. Tender and passionate. Desperate and hopeful.
I forget myself into his lips. Into the way he tastes, the way my entire body reacts to his, the way his arms tighten around my waist.
“What do you think you’re doing?” My father’s voice booms.
4. The biggest challenge I faced this week (ex. finding time to write).
I’m currently in Europe and want to enjoy every second of it, but I also need to make sure I finish drafting this manuscript…
5. Something I love about my WiP.
That a scene unlocked itself.
Are you participating in RSW?
Don’t forget to link to your update below!
It’s time for our third giveaway! This lovely package has been assembled by Katy
The winner of Alison’s wonderful giveaway package is Crystal Schubert 🙂 Congrats Crystal!
And it’s giveaway time again!
This time the lovely package has been prepared by the wonderful Katy!
(giveaway is open internationally – to RSW participants only)