Ready. Set. WRITE! is a summer writing intensive that encourages goal-setting and accountability, and provides an opportunity for us to cheer each other on wherever we’re at with our writing projects—planning, drafting, revising, or polishing. This year, your RSW hosts are Alison Miller, Jaime Morrow, Erin Funk, Katy Upperman and myself. (For the detailed information about RSW, including the wonderful buttons created by the lovely Jaime, click here)
And don’t forget, if you’re on Twitter, we check and cheer each other on using #RSWrite
1. How I did on last week’s goals.
Hmmm. Not so good. I threw my back and…that wasn’t really conducive to productivity. I have decided I should never mop again
- Write 10000 words in ASB (back in Scrivener) – NOPE. I did move my document to Scrivener and I’m also working on getting my plot right thanks to an online class. But not being able to move for a few days made it hard and I have a lot to catch up…I can sit again properly so yay!
Finalize the ASLNO e-Arcs and send them out first to FB group and then set it up on Netgalley.–> Done and the first reviews are coming in. Always so nerve-wracking. Finalize the paperback version of ASLNO–> Almost done. I did the last read-through and reuploaded the files..
- Work out 3 times and run 2 times –> I did Yoga almost every single day this week, but didn’t run.
- Work on the detailed timeline to release date –> In progress.
Write post on self-publishing–> Yes 🙂
2. My goal(s) for this week.
- Write 10000 words in ASB i.e write at least 2000 words a day.
- Continue yoga at least 3 times a week and if my back feels better, run at least once.
- Catch-up on my online class
- Write a selfpub post
- Finish timeline and create timeline for Always Second Best
- Write newsletter for Thursday
3. A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised.
I’ve done quite a bit of re-reading this week as I finalized the files for A SUMMER LIKE NO OTHER to make my pre-order date…and I played around with some quotes…this was my Teaser Tuesday quote and I kind of love it 🙂
4. The biggest challenge I faced this week (ex. finding time to write).
5. Something I love about my WiP.
Nick & Em. I really do love Nick & Em and I’m so happy I get to spend more time with them.
Are you participating in RSW?
Don’t forget to link to your update below!
I am SO very much looking forward to reading all about your progress!