Today, I am doing a “lessons learned” recap for my latest book release as indie author. #TheLeftoverBride has been out for a bit less than a month and while, of course, a lot of readers will read it and smile in the coming weeks, months, years, decades… there are a few things that I will do differently with my next release and things that, I think, have worked very well for me.
So, I’m detailing the top 3 mistakes I’ve made for that release (which turned into the top 5 or so) and then the top 3 things (which turned into the top 4 or 5) I’ve done very well when self-publishing #TheLeftoverBride.
I also talk about what I’m planning to do for the next release and about turning 2 (my stem cell transplant was on October 7th 2019 so I am two for my second birthday).
In this episode I mention:
- http://www.bethematch.org (to sign up to be a bone marrow donor – you could potentially save someone life!)
- A thread by Tessa Dare on what to think about before choosing a pen name.
- The website I created for http://www.theleftoverbride.com
Don’t hesitate to ask me a question per email or record a question…
- Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/elodie-nowodazkij/message
- Grab a copy of #TheLeftoverBride: https://amzn.to/3i3SDXj
- Subscribe to my readers’ newsletter: https://mailchi.mp/elodienowodazkij/website
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/aselfpublishedauthorsdiary/
- my author’s YouTube channel / the podcast’s YouTube channel.
How to support this podcast?
- Rate and review and share A Self-Published Author’s Diary with your friends.
- Support this podcast (for as low as $0.99 a month!) https://anchor.fm/elodie-nowodazkij/support
- Buy me a coffee on Ko-Fi
Thank you so much for listening!
Announcements: Summer Break and Self-Publishing/Writing Ask Me Anything – A self-published author's diary
- Announcements: Summer Break and Self-Publishing/Writing Ask Me Anything
- Self-publishing reflection: planning and goals (Vella, novellas, marketing and more…)
- REPLAY – How my self-published book A SUMMER LIKE NO OTHER became a success…
- Ep. 62 – The ups and downs of self-publishing (including the words every romance author wants to hear…)
- Ep. 61 – My BargainBooksy and AudioThicket recap, the "need" to write and more…