Today, I talk about publication day… #TheLeftoverBride (Kindle – Paperback) is out in the world. Between celebrating, managing expectations (and sometimes not managing said expectations), a rush of anxiety and knowing readers will be smiling, release day is a roller coaster of emotions.
Also mentioned in this episode: this reel from Courtney Summers: “Everything I’ve done doesn’t feel like it happened. Courtney Summers doesn’t exist.” Especially as I’m thinking about the next book. 🙂
And White Smoke by Tiffany D. Jackson: https://www.epicreads.com/books/9780063029095/white-smoke/
The Haunting of Hill House meets Get Out in this chilling YA psychological thriller and modern take on the classic haunted house story from New York Times bestselling author Tiffany D. Jackson!
“The creeps come on slowly, then start to build. When the cold shivers ran down my back, I wanted to scream—but I was too busy turning pages. I had to know: Just how frightening will it get?”- R.L. Stine, author Goosebumps and Fear Street
- Subscribe to my readers’ newsletter: https://mailchi.mp/elodienowodazkij/website
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/aselfpublishedauthorsdiary/
Episode 75 – Podcast reset, a quick recap and three newsletters for writers – A self-published author's diary
- Episode 75 – Podcast reset, a quick recap and three newsletters for writers
- Let's talk Kindle Vella: metrics, bonus, and why I enjoy writing serialized fiction, too.
- BONUS – Three Black Friday Deals For Writers (2022)
- Defining "success" as a self-published author …
- Kickstarter for Authors: What To Do When Your Kickstarter Does Not Get Funded … (and what I would do differently)