Today, I talk about publication day… #TheLeftoverBride (Kindle – Paperback) is out in the world. Between celebrating, managing expectations (and sometimes not managing said expectations), a rush of anxiety and knowing readers will be smiling, release day is a roller coaster of emotions.
Also mentioned in this episode: this reel from Courtney Summers: “Everything I’ve done doesn’t feel like it happened. Courtney Summers doesn’t exist.” Especially as I’m thinking about the next book. 🙂
And White Smoke by Tiffany D. Jackson: https://www.epicreads.com/books/9780063029095/white-smoke/
The Haunting of Hill House meets Get Out in this chilling YA psychological thriller and modern take on the classic haunted house story from New York Times bestselling author Tiffany D. Jackson!
“The creeps come on slowly, then start to build. When the cold shivers ran down my back, I wanted to scream—but I was too busy turning pages. I had to know: Just how frightening will it get?”- R.L. Stine, author Goosebumps and Fear Street
- Subscribe to my readers’ newsletter: https://mailchi.mp/elodienowodazkij/website
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/aselfpublishedauthorsdiary/
Ep. 37 – Not writing for a few days and a SEE ME, SEE ME NOT audiobook preview… – A self-published author's diary
- Ep. 37 – Not writing for a few days and a SEE ME, SEE ME NOT audiobook preview…
- Ep. 36 – Learning from other indie authors because success isn't a pie, right?
- What has worked with my latest book release as an indie author and what I've learned… And I turned two!
- Ep. 34- The art of translation or why I don't translate my own books… Setting up my writing goals and daily calendar.
- Ep. 33 – Why the Chemical Engineer was right and the hardest part about writing & self-publishing #TheLefoverBride