If you’re signed up to receive my weekly emails and you are using Gmail, make sure to check your promotion tab…As always I share exclusive content in the emails. 🙂
Today is all about keeping track. Sometimes, I get so deep into all the tasks involved with each project that it can get difficult to remember all those projects that I did bring to fruition within a month, especially since I’m trying to be more strategic…
Talking about business, if you want to support me, my career and these weekly posts, the best way to do so is to either (1) purchase one of my books or audiobooks or recommend them on Overdrive to your library, (2) forward the post to a friend, (3) sign up to my readers’ newsletter if you’re interested about my books and my writing, (3) subscribe to my weekly emails about self-publishing, (4) talk about my books to your friends/family.
What books and audiobooks did I publish?
- Published the A SUMMER LIKE NO OTHER audiobook narrated by the wonderful Megan Carter. In terms of marketing, I’m trying a Buy One, Get One Free promo. Will keep you updated. I still need to announce it to my newsletter. But I did announce it on my blog and on Goodreads and I took advantage of a very good wordpress deal to make this website.
- Published a new German/English bilingual book: announced it to the German subscribers of my newsletter, announced it to my blog, and am currently boosting one of my Facebook posts to an audience of English-learning and English instructors in Germany also interested in reading and romance novels on Facebook.
- Published another new bilingual book (French/Italian). I still need to announce it on my French website.
- Put up Eine Zweite Chance (Always Second Best in German) for pre-order.
- Published a new English/Spanish bilingual book: announced it on my blog.
What courses did I take in March?
- Marketing-related: I’m still listening to Mark Dawson’s Ads for Authors course.
- Marketing-related: Took a FREE Goodreads online webinar by Alessandra Torre. I am sharing a link in my email. Will be sharing more about that course soon and some strategies that I am trying. I know. Goodreads. But trying a different approach.
- Writing-related: Started reading through the Margie Lawson course packet about visceral rules (beyond hammering hearts).
What movie/post/documentary about writing did I watch/read?
- One of my very good friends who also happen to be a writer friend recommended the Naughty Books documentary on Hulu. It was very interesting! Lots of thoughts.
- This post by Erin Bowman on publishing on Instagram: Author Friends, are you okay?
What marketing/advertising did I do in March?
- Boosted a few posts on Facebook – it created more traffic towards some of my books.
- I changed some of my books to Kindle Unlimited and ran a free promo on them (more info in my weekly email. :-))
Sales data such as info on which format/countries are currently my best-selling countries are available to my weekly emails’ subscribers.
I am also dipping my toes back on Instagram by joining Dahlia Adler‘s #AuthorLifeMonth2021…
And then I wrote. Maybe I didn’t write as much as I wanted to, but I did write. And I think I wrote one of my favorite sentences…I think I am going to be sharing that sentence very soon. But trying to be more strategic about it. (Ha, full circle with the first paragraph). 🙂
Quick reminder: if you want to support me, my career and this weekly posts, the best way to do so is to either (1) purchase one of my books or audiobooks or recommend them on Overdrive to your library, (2) forward the post to a friend, (3) talk about my books to your friends/family.
A couple of weeks ago, I shared with my top 3 self-publishing mistakes, if you’d like to get a FREE pdf of my top 5 self-publishing mistakes and receive weekly emails from me: just click here or on this cover, add your email and you’ll get access to the full pdf…
Thank you for reading!
Did you enjoy this post? Do you want to help support me and my writing? You can forward this blog post to someone who might be interested, buy my books and/or audiobooks and as always, don’t hesitate to leave me a comment.
If you have any questions about my adventures in self-publishing or anything I shared with you today, don’t hesitate to reach out and I’ll make sure to reply in my email next week.
You can click here to start receiving those weekly emails or add your email below.
Follow me on Instagram – Bookbub – Facebook – Twitter – Goodreads