Megan is a London-based actor from Kansas City, USA. She received her MA in Classical Acting from the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts. She also holds a BA in Theatre from Loyola University Chicago, with minors in Musical Theatre, Dance, and Shakespeare Studies.
With her strong musical theatre and dance background, Megan especially loves theatre that is highly physical and that involves lots of movement and stage combat. She is passionate about bringing classical works to contemporary audiences in a way that allows people to feel like they have a place in the story and a way to connect to it.
When not working, Megan enjoys reading, running, and practicing yoga. She loves a good road trip, and has been on one hundred and one roller coasters.From her website: www.megancarter.net
Do you want to win one an audiobook copy of FEAR ME, FEAR ME NOT or SEE ME, SEE ME NOT (US & UK) or an audiobook copy of A SUMMER LIKE NO OTHER (worldwide) Just hop on to my giveaway: http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/display/35c42cc23/?a Rafflecopter giveaway https://widget-prime.rafflecopter.com/launch.js
Talking with Megan Carter on how acting may influence her writing, the similarities between acting and publishing and roller coasters…
Today on the podcast (Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts and more), Megan Carter and I talk on how acting may influence Megan’s writing, about the similarities between publishing and acting and roller coasters. We also talk about her current project (which sounds amazing), finding critique partners, how to know when a book is done and how to not let yourself get bogged down by self-deprecating thoughts. Oh and we may spend a few minutes on the Greek myth of Medea. 🙂
When it comes to my self-publishing and writing update: I am thinking about re-branding the Gavert City series…I will talk more about this on an upcoming episode. So…stay tuned 🙂
Do you have a question for me about self-publishing or writing?
Record a message for me and I’ll answer directly on the podcast and in my “A Self-Published Author’s Diary” email.
And thank you to everyone who’s already added #THELEFTOVERBRIDE on Goodreads and those of you who already pre-ordered it (on Amazon, iTunes, Kobo).
I’ve also been sharing little snippets with everyone who has left a comment on my Facebook Author Page and/or Facebook readers’ group. I will also do the same with my readers’ mailing list and Instagram.
Bonus scenes, anyone?
If you’ve read any of my books and would like to receive some exclusive bonus scenes, don’t hesitate to sign up for my newsletter. 🙂
I have two newsletters!
(2) A newsletter for my readers: full of bonus scenes, updates on my books, shows I’m watching, books I’m reading, exclusive giveaways and more…
Click on this link and just add your email and you’ll receive access to a page full of exclusive content! Plus my emails include pictures of my cat and my dog…and they’re pretty adorable…:-)
Ep. 19 – Getting your self-published books into the French-speaking market: a case study (mine) and finding a translator. And #TheLeftoverBride almost has a cover… – A self-published author's diary
- Ep. 19 – Getting your self-published books into the French-speaking market: a case study (mine) and finding a translator. And #TheLeftoverBride almost has a cover…
- Ep. 18 – Selling my books directly to readers, my expectations and that happy "I got that one paragraph" feeling from revising #TheLeftoverBride.
- Ep. 17 – Feature Friday: Talking with Ines Johnson about her success in self-publishing, how writing screenplays has influenced her writing, pen names going "wide" and advertising.
- Ep. 16 – Re-branding my Gavert City series with new covers…and doubts and making progress (+ answering questions from listeners :-))
- Ep. 15 – Feature Friday: Talking with Megan Carter on how acting may influence her writing, the similarities between acting and publishing, and roller coasters ( + Giveaway)