I’m so happy to have L. Penelope on the podcast today. Leslye Penelope has been writing since she could hold a pen and loves getting lost in the worlds in her head. She is an award-winning author of fantasy and paranormal romance. Her book Song of Blood & Stone was selected as one of TIME’s Top 100 Fantasy Books of All Time. Visit her website: https://lpenelope.com/
Do you want to win one of L. Penelope’s books? Just hop on to my giveaway: http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/display/35c42cc22/?a Rafflecopter giveaway https://widget-prime.rafflecopter.com/launch.js
Publishing, patience, perseverance and cheesecake…
Today on the podcast (Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts and more), Leslye and I talk self-publishing, publishing, patience, perseverance, hybrid, description and writing processes, how hard writing is sometimes and moments that make us smile and so much more!
Do you have a question for me about self-publishing or writing?
Record a message for me and I’ll answer directly on the podcast and in my weekly “A Self-Published Author’s Diary” email.
And thank you to everyone who’s already added #THELEFTOVERBRIDE on Goodreads and those of you who already pre-ordered it (on Amazon, iTunes, Kobo).
I’ve also been sharing little snippets with everyone who has left a comment on my Facebook Author Page and/or Facebook readers’ group. I will also do the same with my readers’ mailing list and Instagram.
Bonus scenes, anyone?
If you’ve read any of my books and would like to receive some exclusive bonus scenes, don’t hesitate to sign up for my newsletter. 🙂
I have two newsletters!
(2) A newsletter for my readers: full of bonus scenes, updates on my books, shows I’m watching, books I’m reading, exclusive giveaways and more…
Click on this link and just add your email and you’ll receive access to a page full of exclusive content! Plus my emails include pictures of my cat and my dog…and they’re pretty adorable…:-)
Ep. 25 – Vermont, food, and why I decided to slightly postpone the release of #TheLeftoverBride – A self-published author's diary
- Ep. 25 – Vermont, food, and why I decided to slightly postpone the release of #TheLeftoverBride
- Ep. 24 – Come revise with me and have you ever wondered what writers google?
- Ep. 23 – Revising is a roller coaster of emotions. And do writers get decision fatigue?
- Ep. 22 – Going wide with my audiobooks (from ACX to Findaway Voices), some market data and the roller coaster of emotions that is sending your book to your critique partners.
- Preparing for a bestseller or how I'm adapting my self-publishing mindset, exploring my strengths for #TheLeftoverBride and no spoilers…
- Ep. 20 – Did I always know I would write for readers? And my super scientific writing process of "ohh" and "yay" and confidence…
- Ep. 19 – Getting your self-published books into the French-speaking market: a case study (mine) and finding a translator. And #TheLeftoverBride almost has a cover…
- Ep. 18 – Selling my books directly to readers, my expectations and that happy "I got that one paragraph" feeling from revising #TheLeftoverBride.