Ready. Set. WRITE! is a summer writing intensive that encourages goal-setting and accountability, and provides an opportunity for us to cheer each other on wherever we’re at with our writing projects—planning, drafting, revising, or polishing. This year, your RSW hosts are Alison Miller, Jaime Morrow, Erin Funk, Katy Upperman and myself. (For the detailed information about RSW, including the wonderful buttons created by the lovely Jaime, click here)
And don’t forget, if you’re on Twitter, we check and cheer each other on using #RSWrite
1. How I did on last week’s goals.
Womp. Womp. And yay? I forgot how hard it was to draft while trying to get everything ready for a release…
- Write 10000 words in ASB i.e write at least 2000 words a day. –> I wrote about 3000 words
- Continue yoga at least 3 times a week and if my back feels better, run at least once. –> my back has been better but I didn’t do any workout this week.
Catch-up on my online class–> Yep Write a selfpub post–> Done. Finish timeline and create timeline for Always Second Best –> Tough one but a bit more clarity. Write newsletter for Thursday–> Done 🙂
2. My goal(s) for this week.
- My book is coming out on Thursday sooooooooo enjoying it without stressing too too much is one of my goals…
- Write at least 2000 words a day (except on Thursday)
- Run twice this week, work out once and do yoga twice
- Continuing my online class
- Prepare for my release on Thursday (send information to bloggers who signed up for my Book Blitz, newsletter, teasers, newsletter)
- Write a selfpub post
- Set up One Dream Only in German (the ebook)
3. A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised.
Surprising. Em & Nick have a mind of their own, that’s for sure.
4. The biggest challenge I faced this week (ex. finding time to write).
Balancing my release and writing.
5. Something I love about my WiP.
My side characters. I love that they also “speak” to me ❤
Are you participating in RSW?
Don’t forget to link to your update below!
I am SO very much looking forward to reading all about your progress!