Happy Friday #29 – Revising, Learning, Reading and SCBWI…:D

Yay, it´s time for Happy Friday 😀 Looking forward to know what made you smile this week!

Online writing class with Mandy Hubbard: It just started, and I am so so excited about it…How to Write and Sell the Young Adult Novel with Mandy Hubbard.

Revising:  So this happened last Sunday…

And I can’t believe it. I know I’m not done, done. But…this round was a tough one and I feel like I’ve grown so much as a writer while I was going through it!

Reading: I read the updated manuscript of my CP, the wonderful Jaime, and again I’m blown away by her talent! (Jaime. You. Rock.) I just started BUTTER and this book is breaking my part.

This invitation – I am very much looking forward to going to the book fair in Frankfurt and now, I even get to mingle with fellow SCBWIers 🙂

The view from our apartment before heading to work…Isn’t it prettYy?

The view from our apartment

So, tell me what made you smile this week?

1. Rebecca B says:

Beautiful view! And CONGRATS on finishing your revision! I hope you take time this weekend to celebrate and soak up the accomplishment.

• Elodie says:

Thanks Rebecca 😀 I did take some time to celebrate, to read and to beta read…So it was a lovely weekend! Your picture of the rainbow was beautiful! Hope you had a great weekend 😀

2. Jaime Morrow says:

That class sounds fantastic! And thank you so much for the compliment–I really appreciate it. 🙂 I’m getting really close to halfway point with your MS and this last revision was really good!

• Elodie says:

The class is really great so far! Mandy brings both the writer’s perspective as well as the agent’s view which is a very nice combination 😀

I’m glad you’re enjoying the revisions of my MS so far…

I’m already into ONLY ANNIE after just a few chapters! 😀

3. Oh, nice. Mandy Hubbard seems like a great agent/writer/person. Hope you like it!
    Yay for finishing revisions! Well, this round anyway! It’ll all be over soon, you’ll see, and your ms will shine shine shine!

• Elodie says:

Her insight and her advice are really great and it’s nice to have someone who knows both sides (writer and agent) teaching this class 😀

I can’t wait for my MS to be “query-ready” but I know all these revisions will make it much better…Hope yours are going well 😀

4. Colin says:

Ooo… yes, pretty view! And congratulations getting through the first round of revisions! You’re not done, but you’re closer… 🙂

What made me smile? Among other things, the nice comments I got for my RTW article on Wednesday. That, and being “long-listed” in Janet Reid’s writing contest last weekend. I didn’t win, but to be among the top entries out of 80 or so is quite flattering. I needed some writerly encouragement, so this was a good week. 🙂

• Elodie says:

YAY Colin! Congrats on being “long-listed” in Janet Reid’s contest! 😀 It is quite impressive…I’m also awed by the talent people show in so few words 😀

I haven’t read your story yet, I’ve been a bad YAHighwayer the past month or so, but I plan on taking part this Wednesday…

Hope you had a lovely weekend!

• Elodie says:

Thanks Alison! And Yay for almost being there yourself!

😀 That view is quite amazing. One of the reasons why we’re super picky about choosing a new place. We need to move to get closer to the train station but a Rhine view is hard to beat 😀

And don’t be jealous, just come over for a drink!

5. Alexa says:

Oh Happy Friday indeed! Mandy Hubbard’s course looks amazing and congratulations on finishing your revision.

Everyone is sick here, but Dr Who still made me smile 🙂