It’s already the 5th week of “Happy Friday”. Yay!
Ok I have to admit there will be no rollers in this post…I was just looking for another word starting with the letter “R” 😀
* Happy for Christa: I started following Christa a few weeks ago and I am happy I did ( I found another Center Stage fan). In case you have not seen Christa´s news, she announced on Wednesday her book deal with SimonPulse. The story of Ani and Ben is not the kind that will make your heart flutter with happiness, actually it might tear up and break but it seems to be powerful, gut-wrenching. It’s a story which needed to be sent to the world.
* Revising: Chapter 4 and I had a date. We fought. We made up.
* Reading: I am in the middle of a Daughter of Smoke and Bone and wow, Laini Taylor has a magical way with words. I love all the references of men with moustache (for some reasons, this reminds me of one of the short stories from Gogol)
I did a little happy dance yesterday as I joined NetGalley to receive ARCs on my Kindle (thanks to Tarah who posted about currently reading Goddess Interrupted) As you may have guessed from my January books post, I have a lot of time to read…so that will be great to get my fingertips on some not-yet-released-look-at-me-I’m-so-cool-books… And I already got approved for some. (more on them soon…ta ta ta da *that was me building up suspense*)
* On InstaLove by Jaimee: If you have not yet seen Jaimee’s post on InstaLove, go ahead, I’ll wait here.
waits, waits, waits.
Cool, you’re back 🙂 While I do enjoy Valentine’s Day a tad more than Jaimee apparently, I wholeheartedly agree with her take on InstaLove. My heart beats a bit faster when I can see the sparks between people as they first lay eyes on each other call it InstaYummfactor) and then the fireworks when they first interact with one another (call it InstaConnection). I do need the connection though, the laughing or the long discussions. I need something. If there are no explanations or if the love is just based on the looks or does not seem reciprocated (the guy is a jerk, stalker, ignores her completely…) then it can become more of an InstaObsession. While the story can still work if the main character conveys this to the reader (and not just the I am so happy, we’re in love), it needs to develop.
* Honeymoon: And because I just talked about love, I am happy to report that hubby and I have finally booked our flights for our honeymoon (we got married in August). We’re going to the US for 3 weeks. Road Trip. Mustang. Leaving the work Blackberry at home. We’re going to visit dear friends in many States and spend some time in a Bed and Breakfast in Cape Cod…and I will get to roam the streets of Manchester-By-The-Sea (that is where my WIP takes place…I talked about it in my Dreaming of a Writing Retreat post)…
I wish you all a wonderful week-end and I am looking forward to know what made YOU smile this week 🙂
10 thoughts on “Happy Friday #5: Reading, Revising and Rollers…”
Oooooh, DAUGHTER OF SMOKE AND BONE is next on my list! I’m reading CROSSED right now, and loving it. Hope the revision gods stay with you!
So cool about your honeymoon trip! I’d love to meet up for a coffee in Manchester-by-the-sea. Let me know!
Isn’t NetGalley awesome? And I’m so excited for you that you get to visit Manchester!
My happiest thing this week would have to be that I got to go skiing last night. Even with a jammed thumb as a result this morning, it makes me happy!
I signed up for NetGalley the other day, but wasn’t sure I could actually consider myself a ‘reviewer’. Maybe I’ll have to give it a second look.
Awesome trip plans, by the way. A B&B in Cape Cod sounds amazing!
Thanks for the mention 🙂 I think most people have the same view on the matter of InstaLove (at least everyone that commented).
I’m so glad you’re enjoying DAUGHTER. Laini Taylor is amazing. I wish I was here, or at least could write like her. That’s one of my top picks from last year.
Yay for honeymoons! Y’all are going to have a great time! Hopefully by then you’ll have lots of ARCs to read.
I totally agree with you on InstaLove. I think that’s one of my favorite things about DIVERGENT. Initially, Tris is intrigued by and attracted to Four, but their relationship develops over time and out of friendship and respect. That’s how true love is formed, and teens need to see that.
Have a great weekend!
Jaime’s article was a good one, and raised a very interesting and important subject.
Honeymoon in the USA! I hope you have the most wonderful three weeks. Take pictures and let us all know how much fun you had! 🙂
How lucky are you?! I’m still dreaming about my first holiday with my boyfriend. We’ve decided on Italy when we can afford it. 🙂 I hope you have a great time in America!
The happiest thing for me this week was another blog award. It put a smile on my face. 🙂
Daughter of Smoke and Bone is one of my favorite books of the past year. I can’t wait for the sequel! She does have an amazing way with words. And I am going to check out NetGalley right now… (wouldn’t be the first time I’m totally out of the loop on cool stuff!)
Have a great weekend!
I LOVE NetGalley…it’s so much fun. And yay for Daughter of Smoke and Bone!
I love that I was part of your happy week! And yay for honeymoons. That sounds perfect.
I just bought Daughter of Smoke and Bone and it’s at the top of my read list. I CANT WAIT TO DIG IN. Also, you cracked me up with chapter 4’s fight and make-up session. LOL. Sending you lots of good revising vibes 🙂
(And YAYAYAYAY for the honeymoon!!!!!:))