There are words romance authors love to hear.
No… not those words. Well, at least, not in this case.
I shared in my newsletter today a pretty eventful day from a couple of days ago. For the full story, click here.
Here’s the very short version.
As I was looking to switch car insurances, the insurance agent (who was very friendly and knowledgeable) went through a list of questions to see if he could match the new offer.
At some point in the process, he asked “So what’s your job title?”
I replied, “Author.”
And he followed up with: “Oh, what do you write?”
There was one of those long pauses… you know the type. The ones that could go in so many directions and thousands of answers flashed in my mind.
Sometimes, let’s just say, romance novels are seen as “lesser-than.”
And his response caught me off guard.
He said…. are you ready for this?
“Oh wow, you’re spreading happiness around the world. That’s awesome.”
His words were just the pick-me-up I needed. And who knows, maybe his words will have the same effect on someone else. After all, a little bit of happiness can go a long way…
And whatever you’re doing, you might be spreading a bit of happiness around you, too.
And if you’re looking for your next romance novel: one-click #TheLeftoverBride (A Hallmark-worthy romance with a little extra steam) and start reading now…
Or pre-order #SweetsForLove and make this romance author even happier. :-)
Thank you so much for reading!
PS: If you’re interested in self-publishing, I have a podcast. 🙂 Listen to the latest episodes of A Self-Published Author’s Diary…
Let's talk Kindle Vella: metrics, bonus, and why I enjoy writing serialized fiction, too. – A self-published author's diary
- Let's talk Kindle Vella: metrics, bonus, and why I enjoy writing serialized fiction, too.
- BONUS – Three Black Friday Deals For Writers (2022)
- Defining "success" as a self-published author …
- Kickstarter for Authors: What To Do When Your Kickstarter Does Not Get Funded … (and what I would do differently)
- Ten days after my latest book release (sold copies, reviews and what comes next) and a peek inside this author's day on release day.