There are still a few days in 2014 and what a year it has been, both personally and professionally.
In 2014, I announced my decision to self publish and I published two books, I am so thankful for everyone who’s supporting me in my writing journey. Thank you! ❤
The Hubby and I traveled to Malaysia, to Texas…I had a lot of business trips. I quit my job as a press officer and we moved back to the US. What a year it has been!
I remember reading Katy’s blog about her year in review where she used pictures to highlight her year. Loved it. So I thought, this time around, I’ll try something a bit similar.
Happy, happy new year! And a Galette des Rois tradition 🙂 I also blogged about my word for 2014, which was balance.
- Macarons…yum and the 40th birthday of my brother in law!
- A lovely & romantic Valentine’s Day weekend by the Loreley
- Signed copies of the lovely and talented Rebecca Behrens (for my niece and me)
Annnnd I announced my decision to self publish!
- Getting into the habit of jogging early (5 a.m.) at least twice a week (should get back into it)
- And another business trip in Paris followed by much needed family time.
- On the blog, I called for people to join my UNNAMED BUT YET AWESOME team…to help me in self publishing ONE TWO THREE and I am so grateful for the lovely ladies who joined me!
- The hubby and I went to see a Klitchko fight…we were SO close to him!
- We traveled all the way to Malaysia. The Hubby had a business trip there and I joined him after a week for holidays. We discovered Kuantan and then went to a gorgeous resort…it was amazing and surreal!
- On the blog, I revealed the cover of One, Two, Three with the help of many other bloggers (thank you!)
- My sister and her family visited us in Germany
- The Hubby ran his first half marathon
- I received the proof copies of One, Two, Three
- On the blog I reflected on why no agents signed me and why I understand them
- On June 26th, I published my very first novel (still can’t believe it)
- The hubby and I went to Texas to celebrate the 30th birthday of one of his best friends…and then spent some days in Galveston.
- Business trip in Aix-en-Provence
- The World cup of soccer, still can’t believe I wore a German hat!
- Wedding anniversary 🙂 10 years together and 3 years married…there are not enough words to express how much I love him and how lucky I am!
- Another business trip, this time in Paris
- A fun weekend with the family in France
- Turning 33 🙂
- Moved back to the US!
- Quit my job as a European Central Press press officer in July and my last day at work was in September. Definitely bittersweet.
- The cat transport company forgot to pick up our Peter for his flight to the US and our big international move, so I stayed one more day in Frankfurt.
- We spent a bit over a month living at the hotel…where our boxes started to arrive.
- We had our first tornado warning which Peter the cat and I spent in the bathroom, the only place without windows in our hotel room.
- And…One Dream Only came out!
- We bought a house! And moved in!
- We celebrated Thanksgiving in our new home 🙂
- Finally got my Maryland Driver’s License after some adventures
- We decorated our home for Christmas 🙂
Peter The Cat
And because I took a looooot of pictures of our cat, Peter, I thought I’d do a little slideshow of his year 🙂
Tell me, what is your best memory of 2014?