Sooooo it’s been a long time since I’ve done a #selfpub corner, and since I’ve been updating my business plans and doing more research and all that, I thought it was high time to start again. Plus, I love reading others’ experiences . Time to give back 🙂
MY EXPERIENCE WITH FREEBOOKSY
- What is Freebooksy?
Freebooksy promotes free books (being perma-free or those free for a limited period of time). At the time of this post, they do not restrict their ads to full-length novels. I checked with them to make sure I could buy an ad for a novelette and it was fine.
Freebooksy currently advertises to more than 130k newsletter subscribers and 200k+ Facebook fans.
- What did I want to achieve with a Freebooksy ad?
– At least 800 downloads of ONE DREAM ONLY
– At least 5 reviews of ONE DREAM ONLY
– At least 5 new subscribers
– At least 5 new FB group members
– At least 20 new sales of ONE TWO THREE
- How did it go?
More than 700 copies on the day of the ad and overall more than 1000 copies….During the ad, One Dream Only ranked #3 in the free Best Sellers in Two-Hour Teen & Young Adult Short Reads.
- What happened after the ad?
– I sold more than 10 copies of One, Two, Three (sales had been stagnant previously)
– I gained one newsletter subscriber
– I gained two new members in my Facebook group.
- Was it worth it?
Yes. In my view, it was. Gaining new readers is so important. Plus, I love connecting with them, so I am very excited whenever they either subscribe to my newsletter or join my FB group.
In addition, when people download something free, they may not read it right away and I think I’m still seeing some One Two Three sales thanks to the ad.
- Will I do it again?
Yes. But not right now. Right now, I’m going to look into ENT and BargainBooksy and others to plan some ads on ONE TWO THREE, around the release date of A SUMMER LIKE NO OTHER.
Hope this was helpful/interesting.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to let me know 🙂 I’d love to hear your own experience with Freebooksy if you’ve used it…and if you want me to tackle a certain topic, just ask and I’ll try my best 🙂