Ready. Set. WRITE! is a summer writing intensive that encourages goal-setting and accountability, and provides an opportunity for us to cheer each other on wherever we’re at with our writing projects—planning, drafting, revising, or polishing. This year, your RSW hosts are Alison Miller, Jaime Morrow, Erin Funk, Katy Upperman and myself. (For the detailed information about RSW, including the wonderful buttons created by the lovely Jaime, click here)
And don’t forget, if you’re on Twitter, we check and cheer each other on using #RSWrite
Hope everyone had a wonderful second week!
1. How I did on last week’s goals.
Finish revising as planned on Monday–> DONE! 🙂 🙂 🙂 And have already received amazing helpful feedback. On track for publication on July 30th!
- Outline and revise/rewrite 15000 words for ALWAYS SECOND BEST –> Nope. #ElodieFail I wrote about 5000 words spread in different stories and added about 5000 to A SUMMER LIKE NO OTHER.
Prepare the cover reveal for A SUMMER LIKE NO OTHER–> DONE! Xpresso Book Tours is organizing the reveal 🙂 So. Exciting. Share the blurb on A SUMMER LIKE NO OTHER on my Facebook group.–> DONE! I even shared a video for the occasion. I’m totally awkward on it but it was fun. Dedicate at least an hour a day to business-related tasks.–> DONE! Accomplished quite a lot so YAY! Run 3 times this week. –> DONE! Ran 4 times this week including my first 5k ever.
2. My goal(s) for this week.
- Revise A SUMMER LIKE NO OTHER and send it to my copy-editor
- Outline ALWAYS SECOND BEST (I have about 30000 words, but they’re in need of rewrite and reorganization since I finished A SUMMER LIKE NO OTHER(
- Write 5000 words in ALWAYS SECOND BEST
- Spend at least one hour per day on business matters
- Run 3 times a week and do strength training at least twice this week.
3. A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised.
“Lips that are so fucking inviting I should get a prize for not asking if I could kiss her.”
4. The biggest challenge I faced this week (ex. finding time to write).
Balancing the business side and the writing side…
5. Something I love about my WiP.
The feedback from my beta readers. Thanks to them, I really have the feeling that people will fall in love with Em & Nick and ❤ ❤ ❤ this makes me so happy! Plus, I get to continue stretching my writing thanks to their feedback. So, yay!
I am SO very much looking forward to reading all about your progress!
Don’t forget to add your update via the linky 🙂