Reviews are so important for authors, being on Twitter, on Goodreads, on blogs and especially on online retailers for many reasons – here are just a few:
- Before a release, it amps the anticipation, might bring a buzz.
- it really helps the visibility of books on online retailers. There are algorithms that are used on Amazon for example which could make your book show up in their ‘also recommended’.
- Reviews can drive sales (and not only good reviews…)
- Readers might be more inclined to read a book if they know people have already read it.
- Certain advertising or reviewing sites are only considering books with a certain number of reviews.
Thank you, thank you so much for everyone who’s taken the time to review my books. THANK YOU ❤
Join me tomorrow for S…
1 thought on “Self-Publishing: R is for Reviews”
Thanks for the reminder, I didn’t realize until recently how important it was to have reviews on the big name sites like Amazon/B&N. I will definitely be better in the future about remembering to add my thoughts 🙂