I’ve learned a lot throughout this past year about self-publishing but also about myself.
And sometimes I like to say that my failures are the reasons why I still believe in success. Here are a few of the things I learned:
- Continue to dream big.
- Publish books closer to one another in date.
- Be realistic…
- Working on a business plan – not only for one book but each stage of my career.
- Define what success means for me.
- Connect and learn from other writers (really, they’re awesome and the amount of things I’ve learned from them is priceless).
- Don’t be afraid to say: “I didn’t do as well as expected.” Don’t be afraid to say: “I learned.” Don’t be afraid to see failure as a step towards success.
- Make sure you have enough coffee
- Make sure I take some time away from my writing.
- Continue to learn about the business.
- Read. Read. Read.
- Find ways to connect with readers.
- Write short stories or excerpts for my newsletter.
- Sometimes, I’ve got to step away from reviews.
- Other times, I have to make sure I seek them.
- Make sure I don’t forget to stay in the moment: publishing is a business but it’s also bringing your words to readers. People are going to read (are reading) my words, they’re having a reaction to my characters. This is truly magical.
Join me tomorrow for M