Catching up…Do you remember me?

So I don´t know if you´ve noticed but I´ve been a tad absent from my blog. Bad Elodie, bad.  I didn´t even participate in this month YA`s Book Club (organized by Tracey) because I didn´t finish THE RAVEN BOYS on time (by the way, great book!)

I´ve missed you.

Hugs.

Work has been super duper busy, even more than usual. And my weekends were spent with my manuscript, making it query-ready. It´s scary and exciting at the same time.  I sent my first queries last week, and yes, I now check my emails even more obsessively than before.

I´m getting ready for NaNo – as of tomorrow.

This weekend, my sister and her family came to visit. I enjoyed listening to my niece and nephew telling us stories, seeing my hubby and my family bond despite the different languages, discovering the awe on my nephew´s face as he took the train for the first time, laughing hard with my niece as we goofed around, drinking champagne and some delicious wine, playing Jenga and singing Karaoke, watching movies with my sister and my brother-in-law.

Basically a much needed relaxing and amazing weekend.

How have you been?

1. kiperoo says:

Ooooh, wishing your query all the luck in the world as it leaves the nest. I’m afraid the obsessive email-checking is hard to avoid, or at least it is for me.

My big happy news last week was I finished the draft of my WIP, and I’m spending NaNo doing high-level Thinking and Planning on how to revise.

Hope you have a great week and enjoy your NaNo!

• Elodie says:

Thanks Kip! And YAY on finishing your first draft 😀 Cant wait to read it! Ive received some requests for partials, so its very very exciting…:D Now the wait begins… Hope youre having a wonderful weekend!

On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 12:35 PM, commutinggirl

2. Carolin says:

Yay, I’m glad you had a great weekend. That sounds amazing.

Best of luck with your querying. You know where I am if you need to do some ranting. ❤ FINGERS CROSSED FOR YOU.

• Elodie says:

Thanks 😀 The weekend was indeed quite amazing! Spending time with family is a great way to resource!

I might need some ranting at some point 😀 How is your school going? How about your writing?

On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 1:32 PM, commutinggirl

3. katyupperman says:

I’ve missed you! Though, I totally understand about how life sometimes just takes over. I am sending you all kinds of positive vibes as far as querying and NaNo-ing go. I’m dying to read your story, and I have a feeling lots of agents will be too! Hope you’re able to get lots of words written in the coming week! ❤

• Elodie says:

Thanks 😀 Definitely missed blogging and commenting on your blog!

😀 Ive got quite a few words in…and my rewrite is taking an interesting turn involving a bit more horror than paranormal. But still with that contemporary feel to it….hmm lets see how it continues…

Im glad that your NaNo-ing seems to be going well 😀

On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 3:44 PM, commutinggirl

4. Jaime says:

We’ve missed you around here. 🙂 Sounds like you have a lot going on. I’m glad you had such a good time with your sister and her family. Hoping that querying is going well. I should be there very soon too. I’ll be happy to only have NaNo to work on–doing both is exhausting. 🙂

• Elodie says:

Thanks Jaime 😀 The weekend was definitely amazing and so very relaxing which was much needed!

I bet that working on both WiP must have been tiring!

Glad to see that your NaNo-ing is going well…I just added some totally unplanned scenes to mine…and wonder where this WiP is about to take me 😀

On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 4:07 PM, commutinggirl

5. Sounds like a wonderful family weekend! Last weekend was a busy family weekend for me, too, with Mother-in-law’s 80th birthday bash and a baby shower for our newest grand-nephew.

Good luck with the queries and here’s hoping you get some positive results soon!

6. Colin says:

Yeah, I must say I noticed your blog has been a little quiet. I assumed it was NaNo-related, but family, work, and revisions are just as valid reasons for not being as blog-attentive. I hope you get a lot of positive feedback from your querying, Elodie! 🙂

• Elodie says:

Work was really crazy these past weeks, and I definitely wanted to finish revising/polishing my WiP….I missed blogging though 😀 Ive got two partials out (exciting and scary!) I see your NaNo is going well! Go, Colin, Go 😀

On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 2:43 PM, commutinggirl

7. Family weekends are the best! I went down to visit my parents on Saturday, and we basically sat around and watched (American) football all day, and it was totally relaxing.

Good luck querying and doing NaNo!