I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Hubby and I spent in France with my family and it was GREAT 😀 I have so many happy news that I want to share with you that I have to make a list 😀
- Friday started off quite well. I noticed my name on Friday the Thirteeners (a small group of YA writers debuting in 2013). The lovely Erin Bowman picked my Truth or Dare question: Who is your secret crush from YA lit? You should definitely check out her answer. She even did a Vlog! Oh and if you want to know more about Erin, you can visit her blog or follow her on Twitter! Not only did Erin answer my question, but I also won a $13 gift card for amazon. Since Erin mentioned COLD KISS and since this book has been on my TBR for awhile, I decided it was the perfect occasion to get it 😀 Yay!
- The weekend was really lovely: my parents took us back to the restaurant we had the sort-of rehersal dinner before our wedding in August. The food was yummy and on top of this, it brought back a lot of wonderful memories. We strolled the park of one of Napoleon´s castle afterwards, spent time with my grandmother, sisters, brother-in-law, niece and nephew. Oh and we played tennis with my dad. Fun all around! On Sunday, we also enjoyed a family lunch and afternoon. My mom makes the most beautiful tables doesn´t she? Today, after a delicious brunch prepared by my mom and saying goodbye, we headed back to Germany. I may be turning 31 this year but leaving France is always a tad difficult :D…On our way back we stopped at Hooters, because well, we love wings!
- Awards: Thank you Lora for the Versatile Blogger Award and Thank you Word (en)Counters for the Liebster Blog Award! Blushing!
- I may have developed a new addiction: INSTAGRAM has been made available to Android phones and I´m loving it 😀
- I finished reading THE SKY IS EVERYWHERE this weekend and wow, this book…this story…is brutally honest and poetic. Loved it! I just started ACROSS THE UNIVERSE and I´m already pulled in the story after a few pages…quite happy about it! And next on my list is JELLICOE ROAD…:D I mean, after hearing Erin talk about it and reading Katy´s take on one of the main characters, I have to read it!
- Honeymoon, honeymoon, honeymoon…We are full into preparation mode and I am so so excited that we just booked the Isaiah Jones Homestead Bed and Breakfastin Sandwich, MA where we stayed a night in 2007. We are ready to meet old memories there and to make new ones…Plus it will be after we drive more than 4000 miles around the US so I think we´ll be ready to settle in and really relax for a few days. After Cape Cod, we´ll be off to NYC and watching this:
How was your weekend?
19 thoughts on “Monday smiles…”
OK, first I need to address this comment: “We strolled the park of one of Napoleon´s castle afterwards.” Oh, yanno, just a NORMAL afternoon. Haha.
Second, you’re honeymooning in Sandwich?! My family heads to the Cape every summer, and we stayed in Sandwich a few times. I love that town. My strongest memory is of the glass-blowing at the glass museum. Anyhow, you will officially be super close to me and if you weren’t on your honeymoon I’d beg you to meet up. So, NEXT time you’re in Sandwich, we must get together. 🙂
LOL 😀 Well I could have said I was strolling the park where Louis XIV used to like to hunt but it wasn’t that one :D…Marie Antoinette did go to this castle as well though…I am so looking forward to staying in Sandwich again. We didn’t get to see a lot the last time we went and this time, we will really explore the area. It looks so beautiful and relaxing! Next time we go, I’ll take you up on your offer or as I mentioned on Twitter, we could also meet in Germany! 😀
I’m so glad you had a great visit home, Eloide! And that border sign for France–how very unassuming. There are State border signs here (a lot of them) that are many times bigger and say “Welcome to”–wherever in big colorful letters, followed by a State motto or some tourist-enticing statistic–I’m sure you know what I mean. That sign is more like, “Oh, btw, you’re in France now.” 🙂
Congratulations on the Truth or Dare win, and the blog awards! 😀
Thanks Colin! You are so right about the sign…and the one on the other side (going back to Germany) even has some letters hidden away 😀
I also have wonderful week end with the the 3 E…… do you recognise me ????
Hmmm who could that be, who could that be? Coucou Maman! 😀
That weekend with your parents sounds wonderful! How nice! 🙂
Thank you Kelley! It was indeed quite wonderful! 😀
I have to address the same thing that Tracey did–Napoleon’s castle grounds?! So envious 😀 I walked around a very run down school playground. That’s sort of the same thing…
Glad you had such a great time with family, Elodie. I can imagine that means a lot when you live a distance away from them. It makes the times together that much more special, right?
Your American honeymoon sounds fantastic! That B&B is beautiful 🙂
😀 lol Jaime 😀 We do have a lot of castles in my area…next time I’ll talk about the one where Louis XIV used to love to come hunting to 😀
You are so very much right when you mention that it makes the time together even more special. My mom used to say that she raised us well if we could leave and live our lives but always be happy to come home…I am definitely always always happy to be home!
oh and for the honeymoon, the B&B is really great and the owners have been so sweet by giving us a special…I cannot wait!
I’m sure you’re starting to countdown the days to get to Scotland as well 😀
Yes, yes, YES to JELLICOE ROAD! Oh… I *heart* that book! And I’m glad you enjoyed THE SKY IS EVERYWHERE. Another of my favorite YA contemps. I’ve yet to read COLD KISS, but now that you’ve mentioned it here, I’m thinking I need to bump it up on my list. I’ll have to wait for your review to see what you think. 🙂
So glad you got to spend Easter with family, and I loved the pictures you shared on Instragram. How addictive is that little app, by the way? 😉
Thanks Katy! Hope you had a wonderful time with your family as well!
Hmm I did hear somewhere that you did like JELLICOE ROAD but maybe I’m wrong 😀 lol It does sound great and really those little excerpts you posted sound wonderful!
Instagram is addictive! I’m really having fun with it…(and it’s not really procrastinating, it fuels my creativity!)
what a fantastic weekend!!!! I NEED to add THE SKY IS EVERYWHERE to my TBR pile, thanks for the reminder 🙂
Thanks Kerri 😀 Hope you had a wonderful weekend as well! THE SKY IS EVERYWHERE is really great! It’s so brutally honest while still keeping poetry in the words…Would love to hear your thoughts on it!
SO GLAD you had a wonderful weekend! And I am bound and determined to read Jellicoe Road NEXT. 🙂 Or at least by the end of May. Your blog just made me smile. 🙂
Thanks Alison :D! I hope you had a wonderful weekend as well! 😀 I am very much looking forward to reading Jellicoe Road…Katy mentioned that the first 100 pages might be a tad slow but that once you’re in the story, you’re really in 😀 so I know what to expect!
It’s always a great weekend when you can spend it with family. While we did not travel between countries, we did travel to several small towns nearby to visit both my family and the in-laws. Unfortunately, we do not have the advantage of visiting castles, as the closest thing to a castle in this province is an almost 200 year-old fort. Glad you had such a fantastic weekend! 🙂
Thanks 😀 It´s so wonderful to spend time with family, no matter where it might be 😀 While I appreciate the surroundings I grew up in and love love love its history, the beautiful memories attached to them are even more wonderful – for example, when it comes to that castle, my grandma used to take us there often so it´s also very special because of this 😀 Sounds like you had a great weekend as well!
It sounds like you had such a nice weekend! And I thought traveling between states to see family was bad =)