#TheLeftoverBride Media Kit is here and you can access the full pdf here or by scrolling below. It includes: summary, buy links, link to cover picture, early reviews, author bio and author picture, author interview and more..
#TheLeftoverBride summary, buy links and cover
For fans of second chance romance novels, holiday romance novels, rom-coms, and small-town romance novels.
All Sorcha O’Connor wants for Christmas is for her life to turn into a Hallmark movie—but sexier. Ryan Sawyer has a few things on his wishlist, such as staying away from Swans Cove and getting his career back on track. And he wants Sorcha. Always has, always will.
When wedding dress designer Sorcha O’Connor got stranded at the altar and went viral as #TheLeftoverBride, she lost her fiancé, her thriving business, and her dreams. To forget the upcoming first anniversary of that fateful day, Sorcha is ticking items off her “31 Things to Do Before the 31st” list and working day and night to get her life back on track. Not on her list? Falling for her former best friend, Ryan Sawyer. Again.
Ryan Sawyer skated out of Swans Cove right out of high school. Since then, he busted his ass, making sure he always had the perfect excuse to stay away: hockey. But even his own hashtag, #HockeyHottie, couldn’t keep his injuries from possibly shattering his career. With the holidays and his mother’s birthday coming up, Ryan’s back in Swans Cove for a quick visit. Even though he’s supposed to lay low, he can’t stop thinking about Sorcha, the redhead who knows him better than even his therapist.
When Sorcha’s former #RunawayGroom becomes the Most Coveted Bachelor in America, virtual eyes turn to Sorcha again. This time, Ryan won’t bolt—even as Sorcha blurts out on national TV that both she and Ryan are working on their so-called “Happy Lists” over the holidays…together.
Will the spotlight finally work in Sorcha and Ryan’s favor? Or will their past—and their hashtags—get in the way of their Happily Ever After?
#TheLeftoverBride is a second chance romance set during the holiday season in a small town on Maryland’s Eastern Shore: full of laughter and heartwarming moments (and some sexy moments), checklists, family dynamics, a stubborn cat, and a rescue dog.
- Second chance holiday rom-com;
- Wedding dress designer & injured hockey player (not a sports romance);
- Small town romance;
- Funny & sexy w/ OCD & anxiety rep.;
- Viral moment gone wrong;
- Bucket lists, cute pets, family dynamics…
- Kindle & Kindle Unlimited,
- paperback (Amazon, soon on other retailers such as Bookshop),
- hardcopy (Amazon).
“This book is so much fun! The perfect combination of romance, angst, and humor, it’s your favorite Hallmark movie’s sassier, sexier cousin. ” (Amazon reviewer)
“Sweet, sassy and fun!” (Amazon reviewer)
“The Leftover Bride is one of the perfect books to help get me ready for the holiday season. It’s got a great cozy feel to it w/out being sticky sweet and unbearable. I will say that if you are looking for a sports romance, this is not the book for you. Yes the H is an injured hockey player, but if you read the synopsis you will see that he returning to his home town and not currently playing due to said injuries. So, don’t one click expecting a lot of sport references and what not. You should however one click this if you are looking for a fun story with lots of chemistry set during the holidays!
I hate reviews that recap the entire book, so this isn’t one of those (obviously) but here’s a quick little check list:
1. Animals and their antics! (check)
2. Intense chemistry between the H and h (check)
3. Angst (check)
4. Light hearted moments (check)
5. Immensely enjoyable (double check)”
About the author:
Elodie Nowodazkij writes about first times, second chances, things that scare the crap out of her and things that make her laugh out loud. She was raised in a tiny village in France, where she could always be found a book in hand. At nineteen, she moved to the US, where she learned she’d never lose her French accent. She graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Modern Language & Linguistics, and later earned master’s degrees in German Cultural Studies and European Studies. Unbeknownst to her professors, she sometimes drafted stories in class. Now she lives close to DC with her husband, Plato The Dog and Bobbie Voltaire The Cat. She’s also a serial smiley user, an audiobook narrator, a freelance researcher, has a weekly podcast and is learning how to code.
Find Elodie online:
- websites: www.elodienowodazkij.com / www.theleftoverbride.com
- Elodie’s podcast
- Elodie Nowodazkij’s newsletter
- Facebook Readers Group / Facebook Author Page / TikTok / Instagram
How to pronounce Elodie Nowodazkij?
If you’d like to know how to pronounce Elodie Nowodazkij, you can listen to the pronunciation (by the author) here.
A few things you may not know about Elodie Nowodazkij:
- She met the Nobel Prize of Economics 2014 before he received the prize at a conference and he helped her with her suitcase.
- She was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma in October 2017. After many treatments, including an autologous stem cell transplant, she’s currently in remission and regularly raises awareness and money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society as well as the Ulman Foundation. She’s written several blog articles on the topic.
- She’s a hybrid author: both indie author and traditionally published. Several of her books were indeed published in France via a traditional publisher.
- She speaks three languages fluently (English, French and German) and a tiny bit of Spanish and Russian.
- She loves food, all kinds of food but always drops something at the most inappropriate time like during a business lunch in an 15th century dining room with very important people at the table. The key is to continue talking as if nothing happened and smile.
- She shook the hand of the former Chancellor of Germany and the current Prime Minister of Italy.
- She broke her arm in two places when she was about twelve…her gym teacher didn’t believe her at first and told her to shake it off.
- She spent lots of my time at her grandparents after breaking her arm and freaked out because the cast was red. She convinced herself she was bleeding profusely. Her grandma had a hard time making her understand the red on her cast was just the reflection of kitchen tiles…
Interview with the author:
- Where did you get the idea for this book?
I started writing this book after my autologous stem cell transplant and wanted to write something that made me smile and laugh. The meeting of Ryan and Sorcha in the parking lot is the first scene that came to me and after that, I needed to write the rest to see what happened between them. And writing that book definitely made me smile and laugh and swoon.
- What traits and other tidbits do you share with your main character?
I love food. All types of food. And I’m very lucky my husband enjoys cooking and loves food as well, so we get to try out new recipes and new restaurants together.
After my stem cell transplant, I had a difficult time with OCD in addition to anxiety and I used some of that experience to inform my writing of Sorcha (even if our OCDs are not exactly similar).
I love my sisters and my family and I think that has definitely influenced how I wrote Aisling and Roisin (and the entire O’Connor family). 😊
- Did any of your inspiration for this book originate in your real life experiences?
Swans Cove and Ryan’s house. The name “Swans Cove” originate from a writing retreat I did in March 2020. It was my first weekend away since September 2019 and the last weekend away until July 2021. The house we stayed at had a gorgeous water view with a lot of swans. It definitely inspired Ryan’s house and the name Swans Cove was the result of a brainstorming with my writer friends.
- What was the most fun about writing #TheLeftoverBride?
I love writing second chance romances, especially with couples who were together when they were in high school and see how they can make it work years later. Sorcha and Ryan were fun to write because of their friendship in addition to their chemistry. And they have a lot of chemistry. 😊 Putting them into funny situations made me smile.
Another real fun part to write? Writing Tiramisu The Cat and Fluffy Napoleon The Dog. They’re just adorable and so cute.
- Do you have another project in the works? If so, what is it/what are they?
So. Many. I’m currently outlining and drafting #SweetsForLove (Aisling’s story) as I’m gearing for the French translation of #TheLeftoverBride to be published mid December 2021. I’m also outlining Miss Me, Miss Me Not: the fourth book in my Gavert City series. If you like the TV show Criminal Minds, this series is for you. And I’m drafting a new adult contemporary romance novella which I will publish under a pen name. Projects after projects. 😊
#TheLeftoverBride Book Club Kit
If you’d like to discuss #TheLeftoverBride with your book club, don’t hesitate to use the book club kit (including possible discussion questions).
Other books by Elodie Nowodazkij
For details on all Elodie’s books, visit: https://elodienowodazkij.com/my-books/
- A Summer Like No Other (Nick & Em #1)
- Always Second Best (Nick & Em #2)
- One Dream Only (Natalya’s story prequel)
- One Two Three (Natalya’s story)
- Love In B Minor (Lucas & Jen’s story)
Gavert City series: romantic suspense
- Fear Me, Fear Me Not (Erin & Dimitri)
- See Me, See Me Not (Tessa & Luke)
- Trust Me, Trust Me Not (Lacey & Hunter)
- Miss Me, Miss Me Not (Nadia & Gabriel – coming soon)
Books available as audiobook:
- Fear Me, Fear Me Not (Narrated by Megan Carter)
- See Me, See Me Not (Narrated by Megan Carter)
- A Summer Like No Other (Narrated by Megan Carter)
- Love in B Minor (Narrated by Kasi Hollowel)
- If you’re learning another language, Elodie has several books (One Dream Only & A Summer Like No Other especially) available as bilingual edition (English/French, English/German, English/Italian and more…). She’s in the process of adding Duo Bilingue as author and editor for all her bilingual editions.
Follow me on Instagram – Bookbub – Facebook – Twitter – Goodreads – TikTok
Oh, and did you know I have a podcast about being an indie author?
A self-publishing update: Vella, a day without earnings, and business decisions… – A self-published author's diary
- A self-publishing update: Vella, a day without earnings, and business decisions…
- Episode 75 – Podcast reset, a quick recap and three newsletters for writers
- Let's talk Kindle Vella: metrics, bonus, and why I enjoy writing serialized fiction, too.
- BONUS – Three Black Friday Deals For Writers (2022)
- Defining "success" as a self-published author …