Ready. Set. WRITE! is a summer writing intensive that encourages goal-setting and accountability, and provides an opportunity for us to cheer each other on wherever we’re at with our writing projects—planning, drafting, revising, or polishing. This year, your RSW hosts are Alison Miller, Jaime Morrow, Erin Funk, Katy Upperman and myself. (For the detailed information about RSW, including the wonderful buttons created by the lovely Jaime, click here)
And don’t forget, if you’re on Twitter, we check and cheer each other on using #RSWrite
Hope everyone had a wonderful first week!
1. How I did on last week’s goals.
Finish revising A SUMMER LIKE NO OTHER by Tuesday night (since on Wednesday, I have pretty amazing plans :))–> YES!
- Continue reading on ways to improve my writing & do writing exercises. Learning is great! –> I really love what I’m learning, but this needs to be a continuous goal 🙂
Spend a lot of time reading as soon as my revision is finished! (–> after all to write, one must read)–> YES!
- And run 3 times (twice at least 5k) –> I ran Tuesday and Thursday..but today was way too humid.
2. My goal(s) for this week.
- Rewrite the first two chapters of my thriller in 3rd and in 1st to see which one works best
- Possibly start revising A SUMMER LIKE NO OTHER and if not make the revision plan of YOU ARE MINE and revise at least 3 hours a day.
- Business side of things: detailed business plan
- Finish reading the book for book club on Friday
- (and run 3 times this week)
3. A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised.
“She ‘s more truthful on paper.” (–> a line from A SUMMER LIKE NO OTHER)
4. The biggest challenge I faced this week (ex. finding time to write).
Roller coaster of emotions: one day, in love with my writing and the next, thinking everything is crap.
5. Something I love about my WiP.
The fact that it’s DUAL PoV and that I get to dig into both Nick & Emilia’s heads. Sometimes, it is also something I hate (see above)
I am SO very much looking forward to reading all about your progress!
Don’t forget to add your update via the linky 🙂