It’s time! Time to set up the goals for Ready. Set. WRITE! Edition of 2015…and we’re so happy you’ve decided to join us.
(For the detailed information about RSW, including the wonderful buttons created by the lovely Jaime, click here)
In short, RSW is a summer long writing intensive through which we write/revise/plan like crazy, cheer each other on, and hold one another accountable with weekly brief updates (to save words for the WiP).
And there are a lot of other fun things planned too!
- Twitter parties! Katy (@katyupperman), Erin (@ErinLFunk) , Jaime (@MorrowJaime) , Alison (@AlisonMiller20) and I (@ENowodazkij) will be hosting Twitter writing parties (feel free to kick-start your own too!)…And our hashtag is….#RSWrite
- Do you want to be added to the the Ready.Set.Write!2015 list, let me know by tweeting me 🙂
- Writerly care packages!
- And at the end of the summer, we’ll be rewarding ourselves with what we call “Manicures and Manuscripts”
- AND LOTS OF PROGRESS!
And since today, we are kicking things off for the summer…
I’m sharing my goals for next week and what I want to accomplish during the summer (my plans, my dreams…)
My goals for next week?
- Finish revising A SUMMER LIKE NO OTHER by Tuesday night (since on Wednesday, I have pretty amazing plans :))
- Continue reading on ways to improve my writing & do writing exercises. Learning is great!
- Spend a lot of time reading as soon as my revision is finished! (–> after all to write, one must read)
- And run 3 times (twice at least 5k)
My overall goals for the summer?
- Publish A SUMMER LIKE NO OTHER at the end of July
- Publish translations of ONE DREAM ONLY & ONE TWO THREE in German and ONE DREAM ONLY in French
- Revise my psychological thriller (New Adult) by mid-July
- Revise ALWAYS SECOND BEST (which is the follow-up to A SUMMER LIKE NO OTHER)
- Oh and of course, become a NYT best-seller 😛 or rather not disappoint my current readers and having new people discover my books too.
Those are my writerly goals for the summer…I have a lot of personal ones too:
- Run my first 5k ever end of Jun
- Clean my office & clean the garage
- Find new areas to discover close by
- Start taking pictures again
- Find ways to give back
- Create memories, enjoy the small moments because they really are the big ones…:)
Are you joining us? Don’t forget to leave your link and share your goals with us 🙂
Next week (Monday, June 15th) we’ll be posting our first update using these headings…
- How I did on last week’s goals.
- My goal(s) for this week.
- A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised.
- The biggest challenge I faced this week (e.g. finding time to write, finding inspiration…)
- Something I love about my WiP.
Looking forward to cheering you on!
33 thoughts on “Time to set the goals for Ready. Set. Write! #RSWrite”
I see what you did there, about Wednesday ❤ Also, you and me and Katy have to explore together this summer 🙂 🙂
Yes, yes, yes! 🙂
On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 7:36 AM, Elodie Nowodazkij wrote:
Wait — what’s happing on Wednesday?! Best of luck with all of your goals this summer, Elodie, but especially the writing goals. I need more of your books on my shelves!
Thanks, Katy ❤ On Wednesday, I am driving down to see Sara 🙂 Looking forward to it! And very soon, we should explore the area all together 🙂
On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 7:54 AM, Elodie Nowodazkij wrote:
Those are some great goals! Good luck! 🙂
On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 8:01 AM, Elodie Nowodazkij wrote:
Your goals are awesome! Love how you branched out past just reading and writing. Good luck with everything – I’m already cheering you on for that 5k!
Thanks 🙂 Glad you’re going to be joining us, Jennifer 🙂 That 5k is already kicking my butt but I am so excited to do it!
On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 8:54 AM, Elodie Nowodazkij wrote:
You’ve got some awesome, ambitious goals for this summer! Good luck! 🙂
Thanks a lot 🙂 Ready. Set. Write! is always awesome to kick my productivity to new levels 🙂 Hope you’re joining us!
On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 9:03 AM, Elodie Nowodazkij wrote:
Good Luck with your goals! Did you do the C25km programme? Hope the race goes well!
WTG! Love the goals! 🙂
Love your personal and writing goals for the summer. I’m sure you can achieve them all. I hope I can participate in a 5k some day!
Good luck with all your goals! You’ve got a lot of things on your to-do list.
Good luck with your goals, particularly the running ones!
Good luck! I want to take up running. This has inspired me to try again.
Good luck with all your goals Elodie! I need to get back into running as well.
Also, that Gilmore Girls gif put a HUGE smile on my face (especially since the recording of the GG reunion panel just went online and I’m itching to get out of work and watch!)!
Wow, looks like you’ve got a lot planned for this summer! Good luck with all the revising and publishing goals you’ve set! Hope the next few months are super productive for you! 🙂
Busy busy summer for you! Good luck getting tons done this summer, Elodie. That’s my plan too! 😀 It’ll be tough–so many fun things to do during the summer–but I think we’re up for it.
Lol! That picture pretty much sums up my excitement for Ready.Set.Write! too. Good luck with all those goals!
I really like your goal of doing writing exercises this summer; I think that’s a great one!
Manuscripts and Manicures? Yes please. This summer is going to be so much fun. Good luck with your goals and thanks for sharing. 😀
We love the idea of completing writing exercises as one of your goals. We just might have to add that as one of our weekly goals 🙂 Also, good luck with the 5Ks! We feel accomplished when we can run 2 miles!!
Good luck! Lots of goals and you have a ton of things to work at to keep you busy!
Ooh writing exercises sound like fun. I have been meaning to try some but I haven’t gotten around to it. You have a lot to do this summer but I hope you’ll get through it all! Good luck! 🙂
Ohmygosh, Elodie! So many awesome things going on for you! And I’m so glad to see that ASLNO has a very imminent pub date! Good luck this week! You can do it!
Love your list of goals here, Elodie. Definitely make time to take pictures again (I just restarted that myself this past May… and it’s been energizing both to my writing and general mood). And the 5K? Go for it! They’re a blast (though I desperately need to get back in shape before I do another one myself)..
Cheers for becoming a world-famous author!
So many things to achieve. It’s very inspiriring!
I’m so excited to join in this year and catch up with you! Congrats on all your publishing success 🙂 I can’t wait to hear more about what you’re working on!
Your writing goals are so ambitious, but with your planning skills, I know you’re going to achieve them. Also, what an exciting summer for you! So many things will be out in the world. 😀
Love your non-writing goals too, especially create memories. Thanks for hosting RSW again this year, Elodie, and as always, thank you for putting together the Twitter list!
Good luck with all those goals! Fantastic. I’d love to join in, but not sure if I can fully commit this summer. I’ll play from the sidelines, though. Best of luck, everyone!
Love your goals this week and for the summer! These books sound amazing. You’re so versatile! Thanks so much for hosting – I’ve just discovered RSW, and am so excited!
Wow! Lots of great goals! I love that you have “start taking pictures again” on there. =) Are you a photographer? Or just wanting more pictures to remember stages of life?