It’s February, which means it’s time for Writer Recharge!
Once again hosted by Sara Biren, Katy Upperman, Alison Miller, Liz Parker, and me, Writer Recharge is your chance for a four-week jump start in the middle of a cold, dreary winter. Set goals for yourself, check in once a week, and connect with other recharging writers.
This year, we’ve come up with a few categories you might want to consider when making your goals. You can choose a goal (or goals) for one or some or all:
- WRITE/REVISE – Choose writing goals for the month.
- READ/REREAD – Read a book that’s been on your TBR forever or reread something that had a great impact on you.
- STRETCH – Do something outside your comfort zone, from reading a genre you typically avoid to trying a new food or rock climbing when you’re afraid of heights – that kind of thing.
- SELF – Do something good for your mind or your body.
- CONNECT – Find a way to make a difference in someone’s life. Make a connection, via social media or in person. Initiate twitter writing parties, have a real-life write-in with writers in your town, or offer to critique or beta read someone’s work.
- FUN – Make a goal to do something super fun and exciting that you can look forward to.
How Writer Recharge works:
- First week of February: Post your goals for the month on your blog, website, or Twitter. Use the hashtag #WriterRecharge. Link your blog post on Sara’s blog.
- Every Monday in February: Update your progress via your blog or twitter. Link your blog posts on our Monday posts.
- Throughout the month: Use the hashtag to connect with other writers, have writing parties, and cheer one another on!
- Friday, February 27: Post your final update via your blog or twitter.
- Anyone who uses the hashtag or links their blog posts will be entered to win a fabulous prize package at the end of the month.
My goals – On my side, I will be focusing February on a few of the categories.
I want to schedule some more reading time…When I used to commute, it was easy to read LOTS of books in the train and I want to read at least 4 books this month, including a book that my husband recommended based on a show he heard on NPR: Ghost Boy
Continue learning Photoshop. I’ve been teaching myself a few tricks but I’d like to explore a bit more and become familiar with more of the features available.
Working out again. It’s been forever since the last time I worked out. I hurt my ankle, then got a bad cold and now am just lazy. Time to get my butt moving. I need to work out at least 3 times a week in February (not counting walking Plato the dog).
Writer’s Retreat. I still cannot believe that on this Friday, I’ll be heading down to West Virginia with some amazing writers for a weekend retreat (so looking forward to meeting all of them in real life :))
Plan a few outings with the husband: going for walks, maybe the movies and I think, I think he’s taking me to a nice restaurant on Valentine’s Day (he hinted upon it several times) 🙂 so I’m looking forward to that. I’d also like to start taking more pictures again.
We hope you’ll join us for our annual Writer Recharge Challenge – here’s to a productive, rejuvenating month!