Happy Friday #32 – Reading and purring…

Yay, it´s time for Happy Friday 😀 Looking forward to know what made you smile this week!

So…November has been tough. And on top of everything going on, my husband is away. Luckily, when I come home I have a little (okay big) furry ball who makes me smile.

My cutie patoutie

My cutie patoutie

Plus, I get to read the manuscript of one of my classmates from Mandy’s online class. And it’s exciting 😀

Oh and this weekend, I’m totally decorating the apartment for Christmas…

So, tell me, what made YOU smile this week?

1. Jaime says:

Peter is sooooo cute!! 😀 I love chubby cats (both of ours are chubby). Decorating for Christmas seems like a great way to unwind after a long week. I hope that December is a much better month for you, Elodie. 🙂

• Elodie says:

Thanks, Jaime! 😀 How was your weekend? Decorating the tree was definitely a highlight of mine…that and watching Just Friends with Ryan Reynolds 😛

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 3:47 PM, commutinggirl

2. Rebecca B says:

Love that kitty! My husband and I “adopted” an outdoor cat at the house we rented during Thanksgiving. Now that I’m back at home, I miss it so much.
    Hope you have a happy December, Elodie!

• Elodie says:

Awwww! I can imagine you miss him…We get attached quite fast.

Peter always brings a smile to my face 😀 Hes been with us for two months now and it feels like he has always been here…even though hes still scared of a lot of things, with us he seems to have warmed up 😀

Hope your weekend is going well!

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 4:24 PM, commutinggirl

3. Robin Moran says:

What a cutie! I love it when they do that little roll and stretch onto their back. So cute and playful. ^^

I am soooo tempted to decorate the flat for Christmas too this weekend. But I need to do a proper flat clean before I decorate. Still, I want a Christmassy flat!

• Elodie says:

Thanks Robin 😀 Hes definitely a cutie patoutie, and he keeps me company while my hubby is away…

Decorating the tree was definitely a great way to get into the Christmassy feeling…

Did you end up decorating a little?

Hope you had a great weekend!

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 6:50 PM, commutinggirl

• Robin Moran says:

I got my little desk tree up. But it’s unfinished without a tiny star to go on top and I can’t find one anywhere in the shops. This week I’m having a proper house clean so I can get the decorations up this Friday hopefully. 🙂

• Elodie says:

Thanks Katy 😀 My cutie patoutie definitely brings a smile to my face on a regular basis, and decorating the tree was fun!

Hubby is coming back in less than 2 weeks now…he seems to be enjoying Brazil quite a bit 😛

Hope youre having a wonderful weekend, Katy! Love the pictures of Alice youre posting on Instagram!

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 7:57 PM, commutinggirl

• Elodie says:

Thanks Jess! And again congrats on winning NaNo 😀 😀 😀 Did you start decorating? Hope youre having a lovely weekend!

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 9:09 PM, commutinggirl

4. Colin says:

Cute cat, Elodie! What made me smile this week? Finishing NaNo–more than that, finishing the first draft of my WIP (which amounts to the same thing)! We’ve already started decorating for Christmas–okay, I say “we” but my job was putting up the tree. FirstBorn and her siblings take care of the rest. 🙂

Have fun decorating this weekend! 😀

• Elodie says:

Thanks Colin 😀

And putting up the tree does count as decorating 🙂

Again, congrats on winning NaNo! And finishing your first draft! Very impressive 😀

Hope youre having a great weekend!

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 9:25 PM, commutinggirl

5. Erin L. Funk says:

Your cat is so adorable! I had a few things to make me smile this week. My husband gave me books for my birthday. Talked to Jaime for a few hours on the phone yesterday. Christmas parcels are starting to arrive in the mail. Hope December is a better month for you than November was. Have fun decorating your apartment, Elodie! I think I might put up our Christmas tree today if I have time 🙂

• Elodie says:

Thanks, Erin! Happy belated birthday! Books are always such a great gift, you have one thoughtful husband 😀 Glad you also got to talk to Jaime. Im always happy to talk to my sisters, and the conversations usually last quite a bit too 😀

Did you have the time to put up the Christmas tree?

Hope youre having a lovely weekend!

6. What made me smile this week? This post, for sure. Tweeting with you earlier today. Coming out of my writing cave and getting back in touch with everyone now that NaNo is over. Coffee always makes me smile, or at least makes me less inclined to frown or grump about.

November is behind us now and we can look ahead to a better month. Here’s hoping! Have a great weekend – we’re planning to clear the living room of legos and try to get some decorations up as well.

• Elodie says:

Thanks so much Sara!

Congrats again on NaNo, you did amazing! and that story of yours sounds great 😀

Hope youre having a lovely weekend!

On Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 4:57 AM, commutinggirl

• Elodie says:

Thanks Kelley 😀 My kitty seems happy to see me too and he always puts a smile on my face 😀 Hope youre having a great weekend!

On Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 1:31 AM, commutinggirl