Always Second Best is out in the world. My little book can be downloaded around the globe and it is still the same scary/thrilling feeling than it was before…And I’m thankful for that.
And THANK YOU to everyone reading this ❤
Sometimes being first isn’t what you expected.
Seventeen-year-old ballerina Emilia Moretti is tired of always being second best. And she’s going to prove the world she deserves to be first. In her upcoming School of the Performing Arts showcase. In the eyes of her birth parents. And in the heart of the guy she loves. She spends hours rehearsing, hours dreaming about becoming number one, hours imagining how her entire life is about to change. But when nothing goes the way she planned, she’ll need to realize what it really means to be first.
Eighteen-year-old Nick Grawski doesn’t want to follow Daddy Dearest’s rules any longer. He’s going to prove he’s meant to be a dancer—not a lawyer—and he is not going to stay away from Em just because his father demands it. He needs to show Em that—this time around—he’s there to stay and that he won’t break her heart again. Even when her world goes down to shit, even when he finds out his dad may have been trying to protect him all along, even if being there for one another is harder than falling in love.
ALWAYS SECOND BEST is a novel of hope and heartbreak and broken dreams. It’s a novel about falling in love and discovering that being first isn’t always what matters.
Enter the Rafflecopter giveaway here to possibly win a $50 gift card
FIVE THINGS ABOUT ALWAYS SECOND BEST
- The part about a “Basil-only” menu comes from my husband, who makes the best steaks with homemade pesto.
- The name “Svetlana” is the name of my husband’s aunt.
- One of my sisters’ name is Emilie. Hmmm, wonder where I got the idea for Emilia’s name J
- I started writing this book almost a year ago—got almost halfway through but it didn’t work, then tried again in May but it still didn’t work. I wrote A Summer Like No Other which is the summer where Em & Nick get together and then wrote Always Second Best in a bit over a month.
- There’s one scene in the book where Nick & Em are maybe or maybe not making out against the mirror of the dance studio. This scene exists thanks to Riley Edgewood.
THANK YOU AGAIN!