When I looked back at my resolutions and goals for 2013, I realized that as always many were left in the dust and many are still dear to my heart (like spending more care-free moments with my hubby aka without the blackberry, doing more sports, baking and cooking more…).
On the 1st of January last year, I wrote as one of my goals:
Finding more of a balance. Work has been insane last year. And while I don´t think it will slow down in 2013, I need to find better ways to deal with it. Especially since my hubby will probably travel more and his schedule will get even busier.
I was right in the sense that work didn’t slow down and that my hubby was even busier. But that balance idea kind of didn’t happen and I yearn for it. Part of it is to make sure I make the time to do the things that are important to me. Another element is to let go of the things I cannot control and of the negative talk (–> this one is really tough). You know the one I am talking about: “I should have had, I shouldn’t have had, it shouldn’t be, it will never…”
While I don’t have the magic recipe for it, I do have some goals which I hope will help in this regard:
- Dedicate more time to the people important to me (including me)
- Jog with my hubby at least once a week (yes it means waking up at 4.45 am but I do feel more serene after it)
- Workout another time during the week
- Revise DADDY’S LITTLE ANGEL (it should go to my dear and lovely CPs by beginning of February)
- Query DADDY’S LITTLE ANGEL
- Start a new project
- Writing down every night 3 things that made me smile
- Finally use Google Hangout to chat with some of the friends I made online
- Join RWA
- Read 50 books (I even started a Goodreads challenge :-))
- Take more pictures
What are you looking forward to in 2014?