Today, I discuss revising #TheLeftoverBride. After feedback from my critique partners, I cut the first five chapters from about 16000 words to a bit over 8000. And it is a roller coaster of emotions full of doubts but also moments of success…Plus do writers get decision fatigue?
For the first time ever, I recorded myself for this podcast episode and uploaded the video on YouTube.
And I may have written some of my favorite sentences during this round of revision.
My stomach flutters in a way I thought long forgotten, buried deep under years of missed chances and pillows soaked with tears.
Nothing to do with the redhead staring up at me like I stomped all over her heart. My jaw clenches with years of regret, remorse and fucked-up chances.
You can pre-order #TheLeftoverBride already for only $0.99: https://books2read.com/TheLeftoverBride
And you can sign up for my readers’ newsletter: https://mailchi.mp/elodienowodazkij/website
As always, thank you for subscribing, rating and reviewing!
Follow me on instagram: @aselfpublishedauthorsdiary 🙂 or on YouTube…
Ep. 37 – Not writing for a few days and a SEE ME, SEE ME NOT audiobook preview… – A self-published author's diary
- Ep. 37 – Not writing for a few days and a SEE ME, SEE ME NOT audiobook preview…
- Ep. 36 – Learning from other indie authors because success isn't a pie, right?
- What has worked with my latest book release as an indie author and what I've learned… And I turned two!
- Ep. 34- The art of translation or why I don't translate my own books… Setting up my writing goals and daily calendar.
- Ep. 33 – Why the Chemical Engineer was right and the hardest part about writing & self-publishing #TheLefoverBride