I’m so happy to have L. Penelope on the podcast today. Leslye Penelope has been writing since she could hold a pen and loves getting lost in the worlds in her head. She is an award-winning author of fantasy and paranormal romance. Her book Song of Blood & Stone was selected as one of TIME’s Top 100 Fantasy Books of All Time. Visit her website: https://lpenelope.com/
Do you want to win one of L. Penelope’s books? Just hop on to my giveaway: http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/display/35c42cc22/?a Rafflecopter giveaway https://widget-prime.rafflecopter.com/launch.js
Publishing, patience, perseverance and cheesecake…
Today on the podcast (Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts and more), Leslye and I talk self-publishing, publishing, patience, perseverance, hybrid, description and writing processes, how hard writing is sometimes and moments that make us smile and so much more!
Do you have a question for me about self-publishing or writing?
Record a message for me and I’ll answer directly on the podcast and in my weekly “A Self-Published Author’s Diary” email.
And thank you to everyone who’s already added #THELEFTOVERBRIDE on Goodreads and those of you who already pre-ordered it (on Amazon, iTunes, Kobo).
I’ve also been sharing little snippets with everyone who has left a comment on my Facebook Author Page and/or Facebook readers’ group. I will also do the same with my readers’ mailing list and Instagram.
Bonus scenes, anyone?
If you’ve read any of my books and would like to receive some exclusive bonus scenes, don’t hesitate to sign up for my newsletter. 🙂
I have two newsletters!
(2) A newsletter for my readers: full of bonus scenes, updates on my books, shows I’m watching, books I’m reading, exclusive giveaways and more…
Click on this link and just add your email and you’ll receive access to a page full of exclusive content! Plus my emails include pictures of my cat and my dog…and they’re pretty adorable…:-)
Ep. 19 – Getting your self-published books into the French-speaking market: a case study (mine) and finding a translator. And #TheLeftoverBride almost has a cover… – A self-published author's diary
- Ep. 19 – Getting your self-published books into the French-speaking market: a case study (mine) and finding a translator. And #TheLeftoverBride almost has a cover…
- Ep. 18 – Selling my books directly to readers, my expectations and that happy "I got that one paragraph" feeling from revising #TheLeftoverBride.
- Ep. 17 – Feature Friday: Talking with Ines Johnson about her success in self-publishing, how writing screenplays has influenced her writing, pen names going "wide" and advertising.
- Ep. 16 – Re-branding my Gavert City series with new covers…and doubts and making progress (+ answering questions from listeners :-))
- Ep. 15 – Feature Friday: Talking with Megan Carter on how acting may influence her writing, the similarities between acting and publishing, and roller coasters ( + Giveaway)
- Ep. 14 – Feature Friday: Talking with Katy Upperman about being vulnerable in our writing, her love for the revision process and her dream projects (+ Giveaway)
- Ep. 13 – Feature Friday: Talking with Mona Shroff about writing romance, a baking contest and receiving "the" calls.
- Ep. 12 – Before the cover reveal (how to engage readers…maybe) and random thoughts about social media.