Five perks of living with a writer
Before I start on the perks, the entries for Christa´s Band Camp story contest are up and I´m one of them It seems a tad unreal I have to admit. You can check all entries here and please vote for your favorite ones.
Now our regular posting shall continue.
Not too long ago, hubby wrote about several rules one should keep in mind when living with a writer (or dating one). This made me think about the perks that one has when his/her significant other happens to be a writer.
There are some
1. Time. If you want to play on TV or hang out with your buddies alone or spend quality time with the children, you should know that a writer will not hold you back. He/she will either spend this time with you on the couch with her/his laptop on the laps. This can even count as time together. Or, if your writer prefers to write in silence, they may disappear for a while. Just know they will always be back.
2. You won’t get bored. No really. A writer lives with imaginary people in their minds. When they read or write, they might start talking about those people like they’re real. Plus with all that imagination running through their veins, they’re bound to have some quirks.
3. You will become famous. By famous, I mean your writer will probably mention you regularly on Twitter, his/her blog because, well, you can be the source of funny or cute stories. And later on, when your writer gets published, you do have a very high probability to be featured in his/her book (maybe it will even be dedicated to you, cool, no?)
4. Easy to please. Maybe not always. But you can always say “Happy Birthday” or “I´m sorry” with a book. You can even spy on his/her goodreads TBR list or you can read their blog posts to know which books they absolutely have to read. Yes there might be hundreds. You may pick randomly and still make your writer smile.
5. They appreciate you. They know it´s not always easy to live with a writer. Ok here it´s maybe a hidden message to my hubby :D But I do, really, appreciate everything my hubby does which makes my writing easier: a) he doesn´t make fun of me- except when I start tearing up about fictional characters, b) he understands I need the time to write, to connect with other writers, to blog, c) he encourages me, d) he pushes me when I need it but e) hugs me when I need it too. and f) he listens to me rambling about my drafts, while trying to give me ideas.
What other perks would you add to this list? Which ones do you agree with?